The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for a Graduate Tax Advisor to join our growing team. As a Graduate Tax Advisor, you will benefit from study support which will see you enrolled onto AAT, ATT or ACCA dependant on your prior experience/ qualifications.
As a Graduate Tax Advisor, you will primarily be responsible for drafting client tax returns and providing advice and guidance to clients on personal taxation matters. So, if you’re looking to build a career within the tax industry and have a genuine willingness to learn and progress within this sector, then we want to hear from you.
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing client tax returns and managing these through to successful filing with HMRC.
- Effectively managing your portfolio of clients, whilst working closely with internal teams.
- Providing on demand ad-hoc personal tax advice to clients.
- Dealing with PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Preparation of P11D forms.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients whilst ensuring a quality and efficient service is provided.
- Dealing with HMRC and other third parties on the clients behalf.
- Calculating tax rebates and liabilities for clients under the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Delivering consistently accurate work.
What we’re looking for:
- A genuine desire to build a career within the tax industry.
- An enthusiasm to progress towards obtaining tax qualifications (AAT, ATT, ACCA).
- Experience working in an office environment is highly desirable
- Strong email and telephone skills.
- Efficient time and work management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What you get in return:
- Study support towards ATT / AAT / ACCA qualifications
- 40 hour or 45 hour working weeks available. Those working 45 hours will receive an additional 6 weeks annual leave through February and March
- Clear career progression and development
- Modern office with a social space which includes a break-out area and pool table
- 23 days annual leave with an additional day off for your Birthday.
- An opportunity to buy or sell an additional 3 days annual leave
- Free parking
- Private medical insurance