The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies .
To assist our business with its continued growth and success we are looking to recruit an experienced, analytical and strategic Senior Tester to join our IT Development Team . This role will report directly into the Head of Development and will play a key role in leading the testing in our key business areas
The Senior Tester is an integral part of the development team and is responsible for all testing required for the team to undertake its pivotal role within the business. You are a strong team player with an aptitude for finding problems where others would not think to look. The tester will understand how our suite of internal and external systems fit and integrate. As our senior tester you will be responsible for all things testing with a customer focus, passion for what you do and eager to learn. You will be a confident communicator with a solution focused attitude to work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create and own the test strategy for the Optionis ecosystem
- Ensure a high standard is maintained across the applications that are built.
- Set test, QA guidelines and standards for the development team to work towards
- Working as part of the development team to ensure quality of existing and new systems and helping to resolve issues quickly.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating product test plans/scripts, test cases, model-based tests, and scenarios
- Contribute to the process and practices that ensure good quality software.
- Execution of test plans and test cases to ensure that software meets specified standards, development specifications, and business requirements.
- Effective defect logging and tracking status through a resolution system.
Essential Technical Experience and Skills
- The ability to interpret user stories effectively.
- Experience of creating, communicating and actioning test strategies
- Knowledge of test design, test execution and defect report creation.
- Experience scoping, planning and implementing manual test plans.
- Strong test industry knowledge of standards and methodologies.
- Experience of working within a development team and wider business.
- Basic application architecture understanding
- Immediate Start Available
- Flexible working approach which will include home-working
- An opportunity to work with our senior IT management team that sits within the Top Track 250 Companies of 2019
- ‘Dress Down’ dress code
- Day off for your Birthday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free parking
- NEST pension scheme
- Additional soft benefits