The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies and we are currently looking for a methodical Senior Tester to join our growing and forward-thinking IT department.
This is an excellent opportunity for a well-versed Tester to move into a standalone role and take ownership of all testing within an industry leading business.
The Senior Tester is an integral part of the development team and is responsible for all testing required for the team to undertake its pivotal role within the business. You are a strong team player with an aptitude for finding problems where others would not think to look. The tester will understand how our suite of internal and external systems fit and integrate.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure a high standard is maintained across the applications that are built.
- Working as part of the development team to ensure quality of existing and new systems and helping to resolve issues quickly.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating product test plans/scripts, test cases, model-based tests, and scenarios
- Contribute to the process and practices that ensure good quality software.
- Execution of test plans and test cases to ensure that software meets specified standards, development specifications, and business requirements.
- Effective defect logging and tracking status through a resolution system.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to interpret user stories effectively.
- Knowledge of test design, test execution and defect report creation.
- Experience scoping, planning and implementing manual test plans.
- Strong test industry knowledge of standards and methodologies.
- Experience of working within a development team and wider business.
- Basic application architecture understanding
- Excellent personal organisational skills.
- Self-starter who is can take the lead on testing decisions and strategies.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A methodical and analytical thinker.
What you get in return:
- Flexible working approach
- Immediate start available
- An opportunity to work with our senior IT management team that sits within the Top Track 250 Companies of 2019
- ‘Dress Down’ dress code
- Day off for your Birthday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free parking
- NEST pension scheme
- Additional soft benefits