*Based in Blackpool or Working From Home*
Optionis is one of the UK’s leading professional services groups, and we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our successful and vibrant business.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be aligned with our Nixon Williams business in Blackpool. Nixon Williams are Trustpilot’s ‘Number 1 Accounting Firm’ So, if you’re an Accountant with experience of providing a great service to a portfolio of clients within practice then we’d like to hear from you.
Role & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of our service for your client base up to 160 clients. You will have extensive experience of dealing with your own individual client base and will be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain a good working relationship with these customers whilst adhering to already established service standards. The role also involves a quality control aspect, where you will ensure the accuracy of work completed.
Further responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining client files on databases such as Company Manager, Sage, & various Digita Platforms.
- Producing a monthly profit and loss breakdown from documents provided to you by the client (Premier service only).
- Completing periodic reviews of client’s online files to ensure that information is being recorded and allocated correctly (Vantage service only).
- Calculating liabilities such as PAYE and VAT & ensuring RTI requirements are met.
- Drafting personal/company tax returns for client approval, providing advice and guidance to clients where necessary to approval stage.
- Preparation/reconciliation/explanation of annual accounts, closure accounts and Corporation Tax computations to approval stage.
- Ensuring your clients meet all their filing deadlines, providing reminders to clients where necessary.
- Communicating with HMRC and banking providers
What we are looking for:
- AAT/ ATT qualified Accountant who is working towards ACCA
- Demonstrable experience in an accountancy practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good time management and organisation skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC guidelines
What we offer in return:
- Study support towards ACCA if required as well as support towards other professional accreditations
- Mentoring from a Team Manager
- Clear career progression and development
- Modern office with a social space which includes a break-out area and pool table
- Birthday day off
- Free Parking
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perkbox Membership
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave