Optionis is the market-leading provider of accountancy, tax and umbrella employment solutions to contractors and small businesses within the UK. You will be joining a team of 450 staff, who represent highly successful brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams.
Optionis has just received investment to transform their technology architecture and move to a Salesforce centric model across the group. This exciting journey involves transitioning from legacy systems to new Salesforce based technology, streamlining business processes, and introducing new products to the market.
To support Optionis on this transformation a new opportunity has become available for a Product Owner to join our IT function. This critical role will work collaboratively with stakeholders from across the group, to gather and critique requirements, explore technical solutions, and coordinate technical releases.
As Product Owner, you will be the professional responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. Your effort is important for the company as you will need to deliver product not just according to users, but the product that aligns with our company strategy.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated and passionate team, and to help implement market leading technology across our numerous brands.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as the voice of the client.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the software development team
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product
- Accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners
- Asses value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Identifies and help the client understand the business model, value and value proposition
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Represents team in front of stakeholders, clients or users
- Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Increase an understanding of Agile practices, Lean Start-up, new technologies opportunities and other new trends
What we are looking for:
- Overall understanding of technologies used in the product
- Knowledge of Agile principles and process
- Experience of working with different level stakeholders within an organisation
- Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products
- Your Flexibility – we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in an office or in an arrangement mixing the best of both
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Additional days off for birthday and 100% attendance
- Exclusive discounts & offers from ‘Savings Pal’ – UK’s leading benefits platform
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- ‘Dress down’ dress code
- Free parking
- Tusker Car benefit scheme – salary sacrifice green CO2 capped
- Free mortgage service
- Holiday buy and exchange scheme
- Gym discount
- Employee assistance programme
- Eye care vouchers – Specsavers
- The opportunity to earn vouchers for business referrals and reviews
We will be looking to commence interviews for his role ASAP.