Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will be a key member of the Group Reporting Team producing monthly management accounts for a number of companies within the Group in addition to supporting annual statutory accounts creation and miscellaneous analysis requests. The role will require attention to detail and working to tight deadlines within a short month end close timeframe.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Production of monthly management accounts (Profit & Closs, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) for companies within the Group.
- Variance analysis and commenting on performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Detailed Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Assisting with the year end audit and creation of annual statutory accounts.
- Providing support on quarterly VAT returns.
- Providing support with Intercompany Recharges.
- Supporting treasury in the creation of weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Management and Analysis of Group expenses and credit card usage.
- Managing junior members of staff and aiding in their development & progression within the team.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Produce accurate, and reliable information
- Take a duty of care over the information provided
- Delivering high quality information that is right first time
- Excellent mathematical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet targets in a high pressurised environment
- Experience of working in a fast paced PE environment
- Experience with large datasets and high volume transaction businesses
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions / Sage 200 / Netsuite finance applications
- ‘Your Flexibility’ – we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in one of our network of UK offices or in an arrangement mixing the best of both
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Holiday buy and exchange scheme
- Additional days off for your birthday and 100% attendance
- Exclusive discounts and offers from Savings Pal, the UK’s leading benefits platform
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company pension scheme
- ‘Dress down’ dress code
- Tusker Car benefit scheme (salary sacrifice green CO2 capped)
- Free mortgage service
- Gym discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care vouchers (Specsavers)
- Wellbeing benefits including in-house mental health support, mindfulness resources and confidential support 24/7