Optionis is the market-leading provider of accountancy, tax and umbrella employment solutions to contractors and small businesses within the UK. You will be joining a team of 450 staff, who represent highly successful brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams.
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK’s small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we’re always looking out for the best possible employees.
We are currently looking for a passionate IT Support Analyst to join our forward-thinking IT department.
Working as part of a busy IT Service Desk, you will provide ongoing desktop and application-based support to over 450 employees across the Optionis Group. You will play a key role in ensuring that IT Change, IT Applications and IT Infrastructure Services are delivered to a high standard across all Optionis operating divisions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage incident, problem, service request and change volumes for service desk and application support requests
- Providing 1st/2nd line support for all Optionis brands
- Support key business functions including Accountancy, Payroll and Tax. Investigate complex system issues across both bespoke and packaged solutions. Drive through resolutions and escalate to 3rd party suppliers when necessary
- Configuration and installation of desktop systems and software
- Providing technical support for Citrix virtual environments
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers to resolve technical issues
- Ensuring high system availability and customer satisfaction
- Travel to satellite offices when required by the business
- Work with the in-house development team to recreate issues and deliver permanent fixes to recurring system issues
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles to share workarounds and document solutions for known issues. Document standard changes or standard operating procedures
- Manage resolution according to agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Working to ITIL aligned processes
- Make suggestions to line manager on improvements that could be made to the service desk to improve the level of service offered
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working in a similar role providing 1st/2nd line technical support
- ITIL Accredited or working within ITIL frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of Windows / Server / Office 365 / SQL Server
- Good working knowledge of networking principles and able to troubleshoot network / user connectivity issues
- Experience working with Office 365 including setup, configuration and management (Preferred)
- Knowledge of supporting Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop environments
- ‘Your Flexibility’ – we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in one of our network of UK offices or in an arrangement mixing the best of both
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year, rising to a maximum of 28 days (excluding bank holidays)
- Additional days off for your birthday and 100% attendance
- The option to buy and sell holiday
- Exclusive discounts and offers from hundreds of retailers with the UK’s leading benefits platform
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Company car scheme
- Wellbeing benefits including discounted gym membership, in-house mental health support, mindfulness resources and confidential support 24/7