The CIS Business Development Manager (CBDM) will be responsible for targeting and winning new business from recruitment agency partners that specialise in construction recruitment as well as servicing and growing a small portfolio of existing clients. Reporting into the CIS BDM Specialist, they will follow the strategy set with the aim of growing the number of contractor joiners that sign up to our Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- Serving as the main point of contact for construction agencies, you will be accountable for ensuring the smooth running of existing accounts, making sure they are set up correctly from the outset and fully understand our processes
- Working to the strategy set by the CIS Specialist, you will be responsible for driving high volume sales activity to generate and win new CIS business
- You will be responsible for generating your own new business leads as well as those that are provided for you to follow up
- You will be responsible for coordinating service improvements within your assigned accounts.
- You will be responsible for the cleansing and maintenance of any account data in the portfolio.
- You will demonstrate, through periodic survey results, your ability to provide market leading support.
- You will be responsible for developing a solid understanding of the CIS and other relevant offerings of the company and keeping abreast of industry news to ensure your knowledge stays up to date and you start to become a CIS expert
- You will be responsible for providing industry and client feedback, insights and reporting
- The KPIs for this role are based on sales activity. The bonus scheme will be based on CIS paying joiners, times spent on the phone, number of meetings booked and the volume of new referring contacts per month.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience in account management and/or business development role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills to ensure that all duties are executed in a timely manner.
- Customer centric and solution-oriented attitude.
- Proven track record of business development phone activity to new accounts.