Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for assisting with the management of the delivery of the statutory year end accounts, monthly reporting and other external reporting within agreed timetables. Responsibilities include:
- Planning & preparation of all annual subsidiary statutory accounts to agreed deadlines.
- Supporting the preparation of the Group annual report and financial statements, including assisting the coordination of senior stakeholders to ensure documents are reviewed and feedback is incorporated and tracked.
- Day-to-day engagement management of the external audit, planning and timing of statutory accounts audit work and managing the interaction with the delivery of statutory reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of the month end flash reporting, group consolidation and cashflow reporting, providing high level concise commentary and analysis of results.
- Providing support as required to the Management accounting and FP&A teams on technical and any other reporting matters.
- Preparation of the quarterly covenant workings.
- Responsible for the collation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations for purchase ledger, credit control and the non-trading group companies.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of the Corporation tax year end process with the external tax team.
- Responsible for drafting papers on certain key areas of judgement used within the statutory accounts.
- Support with ad-hoc financial reporting developments / projects / M&A, as and when required.
- Management of purchase ledger team of 2
- Responsible for the oversight of the production of the management accounts of the support services company, Optionis Group Limited. The management accounts include the costs of the Groups shared functions which are then allocated out to the trading entities.
- Qualified Accountant – Ideally ACA, trained with a large practice
- PQE or experience in other Financial Reporting roles.
- Experience of preparing consolidations and cashflows.
- IFRS and FRS102 knowledge.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
Knowledge of Dimensions and Sage
- Previous experience of preparing financial accounts.
- Producing accurate information first time.
- Resilient and able to meet targets in a pressured environment
- Capability to work in a fast paced/high change business
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience of working in fast paced PE backed environment
Optionis Benefits Package
- Study support towards professional qualifications
- Industry leading progression schemes
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and the opportunity to buy or sell an additional 3.
- An additional day off for your Birthday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme with AXA
- Eye Care vouchers -Specsavers
- Tusker Car Benefit Scheme – salary sacrifice green CO2 capped car scheme.
- Flexible working options
- NEST Pension Scheme (4% employee contribution & 3% employer contribution). Of the employee contribution only 80% of this is deducted from your salary and the additional 20% is claimed by NEST as tax relief, which will be added later to your pension pot.
- Savings Pal benefits platform – UK’s leading benefits platform (discounts, exclusive offers)
- Dress Down’ dress-code.
- Free Parking
- Free Lunch per month
- Daily Fruit provided
Interviews will be held for this role on a remote basis