Optionis is the market-leading provider of accountancy, tax and umbrella employment solutions to contractors and small businesses within the UK. You will be joining a team of 450 staff, who represent highly successful brands such as Parasol, ClearSky, SJD Accountancy and Nixon Williams.
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK’s small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we’re always looking out for the best possible employees.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join one of our high performing sales teams.
This Business Development Manager role is a client-facing, field-based role covering a set territory. It involves developing relationships and networks with recruitment businesses/end hirers/contractor networks for the inclusion of our accountancy, umbrella and tax services for contractors on their Preferred Supplier Lists (PSLs).
This position will be focused on developing strong relationships with our agency partners across the London area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and targeting directors/decision makers of target recruitment businesses/end hirers/contractor networks (for inclusion of our services on their PSL/ASL)
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the legislative and tax framework affecting UK contractors, recruitment businesses and end hirers
- Promoting compliance and industry standards throughout the industry/supply chain
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of different services
- Delivering a high level of daily business development activity (selectively balanced between face to face meetings, phone, email, and LinkedIn)
- Delivering monthly face to face meeting targets with pre-selected businesses (coffees, lunches and formal meetings)
- Presentations, pitches and training to recruitment owners/directors/senior management/consultants
- Generating targeted levels of qualified leads of potential clients (contractors, freelancers, small businesses)
- Attending after hours social/industry functions/events to grow network
- Converting qualified leads to our industry-leading services
- Face to face consultations with potential clients (contractors, freelancers, small businesses)
- Generating further client referrals from your existing client base
- Undertaking market research/analysis
- Keeping up to date and ahead of industry developments, taxation legislation, compliance etc.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Umbrella or recruitment background is preferred but not essential
- Proven sales results meeting/ exceeding sales targets and KPIs
- Socially confident with excellent presentation skills
- Goal orientated and entrepreneurial
- Takes ownership and proposes solutions
- Wants to work in a fast-paced environment
- Your Flexibility – we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in an office or in an arrangement mixing the best of both
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Additional days off for Birthday and 100% attendance
- Exclusive Discounts & Offers from ‘Savings Pal’ – UK’s Leading Benefits Platform
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dress down’ dress code
- Free on-site parking
- Tusker Car benefit scheme – salary sacrifice green CO2 capped
- Free Mortgage service
- Holiday Buy & Exchange Scheme
- Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers – Specsavers
- The opportunity to earn vouchers for business referrals and reviews